Tollcoating Services from the Industry’s Leader CTI!
Manufacturing companies have a lot to deal with. It takes a lot of effort and planning for a manufactured product to be successful. Luckily, there is a company that can help. Conversion Technologies International (CTI) is an experienced tollcoating company. They can handle adhesive coatings, laminations, slitting, and die cutting for clients. Their combination of innovative equipment and leading capabilities make them the ideal partner for any manufacturer. Plus, they offer clients that want it, a hands-off approach. Once specifications are determined, CTI can act as an extension of the manufacturer. Check out what makes them such a valuable partner below.
Tollcoating Vs. Toll Manufacturing
Tollcoating is a type of manufacturing agreement between two companies. The first company needs a service performed that they cannot perform themselves. Typically, this is due to a lack of equipment, manpower, or simply, lacking resources to do it themselves. They contact a company like CTI, that has the equipment, personnel, and expertise in place to get the job done. CTI then produces the product according to specifications from the client.
This is similar to another arrangement called contract coating. However, contract coating typically involves the second company sourcing materials for the project. That means that the partner is a little more involved in the success of the product. Therefore, it takes a special company that can handle this responsibility to be successful. In essence, CTI creates a white-label version of a product for the first company. CTI can then return the product to the company or forward on to the next step of the supply chain.
How Can Tollcoating Help?
Tollcoating can have numerous benefits for clients, including:
- Cost Savings—manufacturers understand the costs of buying new equipment. And that cost is before the costs associated with installing, operating, and maintaining the equipment. Furthermore, this specialized equipment requires personnel with specific knowledge. Moreover, the costs of hiring and training these workers is also significant. So, instead of making this capital investment themselves, companies can turn to CTI. Instead, they can worry only about the variable cost of manufacturing while CTI handles the rest.
- Time-to-Market—similar to upfront costs, time investment can be significant. Besides capital costs, the time associated with adding capabilities can be months or even years. In that time, other companies will come to market and be successful and opportunities will be lost. To avoid all that, turn to CTI, so that your project can be up in running in a matter of days. Time-to-market is often the difference between success and failure. Be on the right side by partnering with CTI.
- Extension of Resources—in some cases companies have the capabilities and manpower, but are simply overbooked. Maybe a product requires a seasonal surge or otherwise requires more volume from time to time. CTI can step in as an extension of that company’s resources. It is far cheaper than renting or leasing additional space or equipment. Plus, it comes with CTI’s expertise and guidance.
What it Takes to Make an Industry Leader
It takes a lot to be an industry leader. This status requires extensive experience, expert capabilities, and top-level service. Fortunately, that’s exactly what CTI brings to the table. CTI’s modular approach is perfect for clients in a wide range of industries, including:
- Consumer Products and Packaging
It is precisely this wide range of capabilities that makes CTI such a valuable partner. Their custom laminations, sheeting, slitting and die cutting make it possible for us to serve as your company’s go-to partner for converting needs.
Available technologies include:
- Hot Melt Spray Coating
- Slot die coating
- Hot gravure
- Powder coating
- Belt Laminator
- Roll coating
- Hot roll lamination
- Water-based gravure coating and printing
- Meyer rod coating
- Knife-Over-Roll coating
Plus, CTI is well-versed in all types of materials and techniques. They even innovate and create new processes and techniques all the time (see more below). CTI has extensive experience with the following materials on which they can use adhesives:
- & many more!
A Proven Process
CTI believes in the engineering principles of repeatable processes. That’s why they have developed their own five-step process, which ensures each client received quality service:
- Initial Consultation—CTI has the capabilities that can help virtually any manufacturer. But before anything else, CTI takes time to align clients’ vision with their capabilities. This commitment to open communication is one of the ways they help ensure a successful production run. It’s better to determine upfront whether both companies are a perfect fit for the project.
- Research & Development—a new material or technique can significantly impact a product. But most companies aren’t set up to test these out. CTI offers companies the chance to do just that. See more in next section.
- Lab Testing/Sample—sometimes, nothing beats holding a sample in hand. When this is the case, CTI can help by producing a product sample at any stage of the process. Plus, they can keep costs to a minimum, often offering these samples at no cost.
- Pilot Run—sometimes, everything looks good on paper and it’s not until production that flaws are discovered. By offering a pilot run, CTI helps to expose any of these flaws before it’s too late. Pilots can run nimbly and efficiently and are a great way to ensure that production is a success.
- Production—production is the last step and also the most important. That’s why CTI designs the previous steps, to ensure that this one is a success. This method gives the greatest chance for success for a given product.
Research and Development Facilities
One of the most valuable services CTI offers is research and development. Here, clients can utilize CTI’s state-of-the-art facility filled with the latest equipment. It’s the perfect testing ground for new materials and techniques. Wondering how a different laminate will affect a flooring panel? Curious how an absorption coating will impact a cleaning product? Find out these answers and more by good old-fashioned trial and error.
Best of all, CTI’s team of experts is standing by to help every step of the way. That means that clients can not only test out new techniques but get expert advice from industry leaders. Essentially, this process enables customers to perform valuable product testing, overseen by experts. In fact, CTI technicians can even assist with the final steps of the design phase. So, clients can make sure products will be a success before production ever begins.
A Track Record of Success
Small manufacturers might need help outsourcing production to a more capable facility. Large manufacturers might need help handling some overflow production needs. No matter what size a manufacturer is, they likely could use a reliable partner from time to time. CTI works with clients of all sizes. But they strive to be more than just a service provider. CTI is a partner that manufacturers can rely on for every step of the production process. They have nearly three decades of experience helping local, regional, national, and even global manufacturers.
In fact, CTI has partnered with some of the biggest companies in the country, including:
- and many more
But it’s not just these large companies that can benefit from CTI’s knowledge and capabilities. CTI can help large companies with extra production facilities, specialized techniques, and more. But their experts can also help by offering a smaller company the capabilities or experience they may be lacking. That’s why companies from startups to Fortune 500 corporations turn to CTI for help.
So, no matter the size of a manufacturing firm, CTI has areas in which they can help. From engineering capabilities to advice to shipping, they can handle it all. They can help the local roofing company improve the performance of its shingles. But they can also help the regional furniture manufacturer by upgrading the coating on key pieces. They can also help the global automotive part manufacturer with a new product launch. Best of all, CTI handles every project smoothly, delivering on time and on budget.
Nothing speaks louder than a history of success. At least, that’s what CTI believes. That’s why they provide customer success stories right on their website. This allows prospective clients to see that CTI knows how to get things done. It also might spark some inspiration on how CTI can help that new client.
Check out just a couple of these success stories below:
- Recently, a client needed a moisture barrier for a personal absorbent product. More than that, they also needed a company who could handle short runs. This would allow the client to run large volumes on their own equipment and supplement. CTI was able to use the water-based gravure method to allow precise application of the barrier. Once complete, CTI laminated and trimmed the materials, delivering four-foot diameter rolls.
- CTI’s services are also perfect for roofing companies. Recently, a large roofing company needed to create a peel-and-stick product for industrial buildings. They turned to CTI for help developing and refining the product. CTI then handled production and refined the product based on critical feedback. Through this process, CTI expanded its capabilities to 12-foot wide coatings, now the industry standard.
Free, No-Obligation Quotes
Since 1993, CTI has established itself as the undisputed industry leader in adhesive coatings and lamination. In those three decades, they have helped a wide range of manufacturers in a wide range of industries. In fact, often, the only thing that unites these clients is that CTI was able to help them. But how much do all of these valuable services cost? After all, a global car manufacturer may have resources to pay for tollcoating services. But what about a smaller company?
The good news is that CTI can help companies of any size. No company is too big or too small to benefit from their services. This is due, in part, to their pricing structure. Costs for projects can vary drastically based on size, volume, materials, complexity, and other factors. So, how is a company supposed to be able to plan with such a wide range? Simple! Just fill out CTI’s easy-to-use quote form. Clients are asked to provide basic contact information as well as more detailed information about the project. They ask for this so that when they respond, they will be able to present useful information and not waste clients’ time. After this form is completed, their expert team will be in touch with more information. From there, they make it easy to get started. So, no matter where clients are in the process, they can turn to CTI for help.
To get started, fill out the form or give them a call today at 419-924-5566 to talk to an expert.