Toll Manufacturing Services from the Industry Leader
Successful products do not happen by accident. It takes months, even years, of planning and design to make a successful product. Sometimes, a product has the potential to be successful but fails to reach that goal. Maybe the item isn’t waterproof and would benefit from this feature. Perhaps the surface could use anti-skidding or another element. In these cases, toll manufacturing can take the product from potentially successful to successful. Conversion Technologies International (CTI) is the industry leader in toll manufacturing. Check out what makes them such a unique and valuable partner below.
Benefits of Toll Manufacturing
Toll manufacturing sounds simple enough. But to understand the value of this arrangement, it is necessary to understand it fully. This type of manufacturing describes an arrangement between two companies. Company ABC has a product they are manufacturing. However, they lack some crucial component for realizing the vision of the product. Maybe it needs an adhesive coating or some other element. Or, maybe the company knows what the product needs but doesn’t have the capabilities to add it. In either case, they can outsource to a toll manufacturer, like CTI.
CTI steps in and assumes responsibility for the final phases of the project. They can take delivery of raw, or semi-finished, products and produce them according to specifications. This adds tremendous value for Company ABC because they can take advantage of CTI’s state-of-the-art facilities. That means they can save huge, initial investments in machinery and manpower. Plus, they can take advantage of CTI’s expert staff, eager to lend guidance whenever needed.
CTI has the experience and capabilities to handle any project clients face. That’s because they are experts in a wide range of materials and processes. So, they know which materials work best with which substances, and more. Check out just a few of the materials they use regularly for adhesive coatings:
- & many more!
Plus, CTI has the ability to process many different classes of coatings. From hot melts to water-based, thermoplastic to water-repellent or fire-retardant, they can handle it. Their facility includes hot air drying and room temperature curing to handle all adhesive processes. CTI can even accommodate larger projects, with widths up to 120 inches and rolls up to 2,000 pounds. Best of all, CTI is a full-service manufacturing partner. From design and innovation to coating, they can help from start to finish of a client’s product.
Manufacturers often have their hands full meeting deadlines, solving problems, and much more. CTI has the experience to know this better than anyone. That’s why they offer their clients a truly valuable service. In addition to industry-leading capabilities and expertise, CTI offers convenience. Simply take the time during the initial stages to meet and provide all specifications. Then, CTI’s experts can take it from there.
This allows clients to take a hands-off approach and focus on other pressing issues. Of course, just knowing something is being done is not enough. Knowing it is being done right is the key. And that’s where CTI’s value really comes in. Even better, CTI can help move the supply chain forward. They can take possession of products that need another process to prepare them for the marketplace. Once completed, they can handle shipping arrangements either backwards or forwards in the supply chain. Therefore, clients that want the product returned to their warehouses are in luck. But so are clients that want the product forwarded on to a retail or distribution center.
A Unique Process
One of the things that makes CTI so unique is their proven, five-step process for success:
- Initial Consultation—during this meeting, CTI ensures that their capabilities match the customer’s needs. CTI will work to understand the production cycle, evaluate resources needed, and more. That way, there is no wasted time. And should it be a match, they can go ahead and get started very quickly.
- Research & Development—need a new material or technique? CTI can work with clients to test out what will work best for their products. Take full advantage of their labs, equipment, and expertise to save time and money and produce the best results.
- Lab Testing/Sample—often, a product sample is required. CTI can utilize its innovative machinery and equipment inventory to produce one. In fact, there is often no charge, if it can be performed easily within their vast range of equipment. And even if it requires a little more complexity, CTI can keep the cost to a minimum.
- Pilot Run—a pilot run is an invaluable step in this process. Many times, proper planning and execution still produce unwanted results. A pilot run will bring to light any issues that would come up during production. This saves huge investments in machinery and equipment. The difference is that identifying them in a pilot run allows for quick, nimble, and cheaper fixes.
- Production—only after everything has been verified does full production begin. After all, this is the costliest phase of the process. So, CTI believes in making sure that everything has been checked and re-checked before launching this phase. That way, customers have the greatest chance for a successful product.
Test Products Before It’s Too Late
So, if a client needs a sample for any reason, CTI can help. In fact, they can produce a sample at just about any step of the above process. Need to prove a concept to investors? They can help. Want to see how an adhesive coating affects the texture of a product? A sample will do the trick. Often, a sample is necessary to get a real feel for what is being produced. After all, it’s all just speculation until it’s in your hand. That’s the best reason to take advantage of CTI’s state-of-the-art facilities.
Ideal for Companies of All Sizes
Every company, no matter how big or small, needs a partner they can trust. This is especially true in the manufacturing industry. CTI is proud to be that partner. They pride themselves on a history of excellence with companies across the country. And it’s not just one type of service they provide. From engineering to production to both, they facilitate a smooth and successful partnership. Plus, their expert staff can arrange for this to be done either on a temporary or ongoing basis.
It’s no wonder, then, that companies from startups to Fortune 500 corporations benefit from CTI’s services. CTI has helped some of the biggest names in the country. They’ve helped companies like:
- and many more
But it’s not just these large companies that can benefit from CTI’s help. Regional, or even local, companies can take advantage of CTI’s expert capabilities and service as well. They can help roofing companies with more efficient and value-added shingles. Or, they can help furniture manufacturers improve their products. They can even help flooring manufacturers differentiate their products from the competition. The bottom line is: if a manufacturer needs help, CTI can almost certainly provide it.
Helping Customers Succeed with Toll Manufacturing
But don’t just take their word for it. CTI prides itself on its customer success customer success stories. They believe that satisfied customers can tell the story better than they ever can. Take a look at just a few of them below:
- Compression & Lamination for the Automotive Industry. Recently, an automotive client needed custom compressing and laminating services. The company sought a 1” non-woven material to be laminated to aluminum and then sheeted. CTI was approached only after the customer went to several other firms that could not deliver. As such, the client was unsure that CTI could help. But they quickly proved themselves a valuable partner. They analyzed the client’s problem and designed a comprehensive solution. They then got the job done in record time
- Adhesive Coating of Fiberglass for the Wind Energy Industry. Customers often come to CTI in need of light adhesive coatings. This was true recently, when a wind energy company needed an open, lightweight, fiberglass material. CTI met with the customer extensively to determine their requirements. Then, they developed a process that met these needs. After it proved successful, CTI scaled to meet the demand of nearly 3 million feet in annual volume.
- Water-Based Priming of Foam for Automotive Headliners. Often, CTI pushes the envelope to the point that they are the first to achieve something. Such was the case when they developed the first pre-applied adhesive fabric for automotive headliners. But simply inventing isn’t good enough for CTI. As the industry evolved, so did CTI’s processes for meeting demands. Today, CTI handles wide rolls of PP closed cell foam coated in water-based primers. The primer prepares the foam for subsequent adhesive coating. They can even sheet, die cut, and hand wrap to make finished headliners.
Free, No-Obligation Quotes
When it comes to this type of service, providing a flat rate fee can be challenging. After all, costs for automotive parts will vary wildly from roofing shingles. But that doesn’t mean clients shouldn’t have all the information—at least, that’s what CTI believes. As such, they have extended their leading service philosophy to all facets of their business. This includes getting more information about a potential project. Clients can start by filling out their quick, easy-to-use quote form. They just have to enter some basic details like contact information. Plus, the form asks for a little more information on what the project is, when it’s needed, etc. This way, when their team contacts clients, they can have some actual information to provide. From there, they will work to determine if their capabilities match a client’s needs. Chances are they will, but they don’t believe in wasting customers’ valuable time.
A Partner That Can Be Trusted for Toll Manufacturing
So, toll manufacturing is no different than any other type of manufacturing arrangement. At least not where it counts. Customers need a service performed on time and on budget. And, more often than not, they need to partner with someone they can trust. That’s what CTI has built its reputation on. They believe that the right materials and the right production methods are essential. But they also believe that expert capabilities and experience are crucial as well. No worries, CTI has plenty of all to spare. After all, manufacturing a successful product is such a high-risk scenario. But with the right elements, it can also be hugely rewarding.
CTI prides itself on determining the right materials, techniques, and more. No job is too big or too small to receive this kind of expert attention. At every step of the way, they’ve built a tried and true process for refinement and improvement. It takes an industry leader to offer this combination of capabilities and service. And that’s exactly why CTI has become the industry leader in toll manufacturing.
So, give them a call today at 419-924-5566 to talk to an expert.