The Value of Contract Coating Services in Manufacturing
What should a manufacturer look for in a contract coating company? The answer is relatively simple. The company should be agile enough to turn projects around quickly. It should have the experience and expertise to allow clients to be largely hands-off. Also, it should have a facility with the latest equipment that makes manufacturing virtually any product possible. Delivering on these capabilities is not quite so simple. That’s why Conversion Technologies International (CTI) is such a valuable toll coating company for clients. CTI delivers quality production using a wide range of adhesives and techniques. Their process incorporates the latest technology into all applications for solutions that work. They are the market leader because they help keep cost in line for any business in the industry. Check out what makes CTI such a valuable partner below.
Benefits of Contract Coating
Coating refers to applying a material, such as an adhesive, to an object, or substrate. Contract coating has a number of benefits for manufacturing clients, including:
- Save Money—the equipment used for coating is very large and very expensive. On top of that, new technology emerges rapidly, making upgrades downright necessary. Not to mention, there is substantial cost associated with hiring and training personnel to use it. So, why take on these significant costs yourself when you don’t have to? CTI can help clients save huge capital costs and provide the services you need to stay competitive. Instead, focus on the variable cost paying only for the services you need. This is one of the most significant benefits CTI can offer to clients and they are driven to help clients.
- Save Time—money isn’t the only investment required to offer cutting-edge coating capabilities. Time is another significant resource. And a lot of time is required in buying, installing, operating, and repairing this kind of heavy machinery. Not to mention the time it takes to train your workforce and any new employees in the future. But you can avoid this too by turning to CTI. Their skilled workforce is ready to implement their innovative equipment for a quick turnaround.
- Save Resources—of course, nothing is as important to any successful company as saving money and time. But saving other resources can often be just as valuable. Two key examples are facilities and manpower. For example, a manufacturer may need to enhance a product. Perhaps they even have the capabilities but are running at full capacity. Why buy or lease additional space that will take months, if not longer, to get running? Let CTI take on the additional volume. Minimize lead times and save on capital investment by partnering with CTI. By using their facilities during periods of heavy volume, your business has no major investment in extra space when the volume decreases and can be handled in-house.
A Wide Range of Services
CTI offers a variety of services to help manufacturers succeed. All services are backed by decades of experience and expertise that no other company can match. That expertise enables their staff to oversee all projects. No matter what type of material or technique is required, CTI’s experts are very familiar with it. In fact, they often help drive innovation and create new processes for their clients. They become a true partner, offering suggestions to increase your profitability.
Part of that expertise comes from working extensively with a range or adhesives, including:
- & many more
Plus, CTI can process many different classes of coatings. Their experts can handle everything from hot melts or water-based, thermoplastic to water-repellent or fire-retardant. Their state-of-the-art facility, which includes hot air and room temperature curing, makes this possible. This facility even allows for larger projects, with widths up to 120 inches and rolls up to 2,000 pounds.
But that’s not the only thing that makes CTI such a valuable partner. They believe in adding value at every step of the process. From offering hands-off production to producing a sample at any step, CTI is here to help. In fact, they can get the job done right and act as the next component in your supply chain. Want the finished goods returned to your warehouse? CTI knows how to handle shipping—even for larger projects—so that it gets there on time and on budget. Need to save some time? CTI can ship forward to the retailer or distribution center. It’s one of the many ways that CTI drives value for clients.
Hands-On So You Don’t Have to Be
Sometimes, hiring a partner for help on a project is more trouble than it’s worth. After all, it requires getting the client up to speed, training, and supporting them until they get it right. This kind of ramp-up time can absolutely kill a tight timeline. And it also defeats the purpose of turning to a partner for help in the first place.
Luckily, partnering with CTI doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, they have designed their business model to be of the most benefit to clients. They have learned through decades of experience that some clients need a lot of help. And they have the expertise to deliver it. That means they can help clients find the right materials or suggest new techniques. Plus, they can provide expert guidance over the entire process.
But many manufacturing firms have good processes in place and just need additional capability. The kind of help they need is not so extensive. Rather, some firms may just need a new piece of equipment or technology for a specific project. Or, they may lack the space to handle an increase in demand. In these cases, CTI can use its facilities to act as an extension of the client’s facilities. In fact, they can recreate the existing process to pick up the slack quickly.
Best of all, CTI can handle these projects in a manner that allows clients to be largely hands-off. In fact, CTI has helped many businesses in exactly this way. They can be entirely self-sufficient in very little time. CTI understands that some clients don’t have time to hold hands of their partners. That’s why they can provide a hands-off approach for customers. After the project details are established, CTI can take it from there. So, clients can focus on other tasks while CTI gets the job done right.
A Proven Process
In the world of manufacturing, nothing is as important as the process. That’s why CTI has built a unique, five-step process that helps clients succeed.
- Initial Consultation—every project starts with an initial consultation. The key here is for CTI to match their capabilities with a client’s needs. The CTI team works hard to thoroughly understand a project at this stage. They want to understand everything from production cycle and timelines to resources and more. Their belief is that being thorough in this first step lays the foundation for a successful project.
- Research & Development—nothing beats trial and error. That’s why CTI offers cutting-edge equipment and leading knowledge for research and development. Their experts can help clients test the latest materials on the latest equipment.
- Lab Testing/Sample—sometimes, it’s impossible to properly gauge a product without holding it in your hands. That’s why CTI makes producing a sample easy. In fact, they can produce a sample during any step of this process. Often, there is little to no charge for the sample, depending on complexity and resources required.
- Pilot Run—a pilot run may seem like an extra step. But it’s this extra step that can decide between success and failure. During this step, potential flaws are exposed so they can be fixed. Plus, they can run the pilot quickly and with far less equipment than full production. That way, corrections can be made simply and cheaply rather than producing an entire run of a flawed product.
- Production—the full production run is by far the most important. But with CTI’s process, it can also be the simplest. After all, with the other steps complete, production is more of a formality. This is one of the key ways that CTI produces results that increase your bottom line.
A Track Record of Success
CTI has extensive experience helping some of the biggest names across multiple industries. It’s no secret that their wide range of services is attractive to some of these clients. But it’s more than just services that have earned these clients’ trust. After all, many companies offer similar services. What sets CTI apart is their commitment to helping customers succeed. This is a part of everything they do—from their capabilities to their process and more. CTI can help large clients with expert advice on engineering, techniques, materials, and even shipping. Plus, CTI can act as extension for larger companies. This is especially useful for temporary surges or projects that will not last forever. Best of all, they do it on time, on budget, and without any hiccups in the process. That’s a big reason why companies from startups to Fortune 500 corporations turn to CTI for help. CTI clients include:
- and many more
But CTI doesn’t just help big companies. In fact, they designed their service model to fit clients of any size. That goes from global conglomerates all the way down to regional or even local companies. No matter what size a company is, they can benefit from CTI’s expert capabilities and service. And CTI treats every client, regardless of size, with the same level of respect and attention. That means a local roofing company gets the same level of service that a global car manufacturer does. Or, a regional furniture manufacturer has access to the same equipment that a national manufacturer does. In fact, smaller clients might benefit more from CTI’s experience and expertise. They can provide guidance, advice, and support throughout the entire process.
Free Quotes Available Today
As with everything else, CTI wants to make pricing as simple and easy as possible for clients. Of course, for any service of this kind, providing a flat pricing structure is nearly impossible. After all, no two projects are alike. In fact, coating one product for one client may be wildly different from another. Everything from volume to complexity to materials to turnaround time can affect pricing. But that doesn’t mean that clients have to be in the dark. And CTI understands that clients need an idea of costs before getting started, in most cases. That’s why they offer free, no obligation quotes to clients and prospective clients. Simply fill out their quick and easy-to-use quote form and their experts will take it from there.
The form is designed to be easy to use for clients. But it is also designed to save clients some valuable time. That’s why the form asks for more than just basic contact information. It also asks for some general descriptions and a few specifics about the project in question. This way, they can have some ideas and potential answers when they get in touch with clients. So, what are you waiting for? Fill out their form and let them convince you how much they can help with your next project.
Ready to talk to an expert? Give them a call today at 419-924-5566.